Ready, Set, Cleanse, Enjoyon May 30, 2017
Congrats you go-getter. If you’ve made it to this page, it means that you care about your well-being and are taking strides towards a healthier, happier you– and that’s the biggest step. Relax, we’ve got you covered from here.
If this is your first cleanse, don’t stress. Below we’ve laid out a timeline to help set you up for a fruitful detox.
One week out
- Up the hydration
- Begin to transition from dairy and animal proteins, specifically red meats, to veg-based proteins (seeds, nuts & legumes)
- Back off processed foods, sugary beverages, alcohol and caffeine
- Introduce fresh fruit & veg, and more whole foods
Why it’s important: helps avoid shocking your body and rapid detox symptoms— including headaches, lethargy and stomach aches.
Three days before
- Hydrate: we’re talking 64 ounces a day of water & throw in citrus for flavor + flare
- Personal planning:
- Set yourself up for mindful reflection and a stress-reduced environment
- Surround yourself with supporters
Why it’s important: H2O helps transport nutrients to your cells, so hydrating helps you make the most out of the concentrated nutrients being delivered to your system
- Start each day with a glass of water + lemon
- Drink your juices in 2-hour increments
- Continue to hydrate
- End with a soothing, decaf hot tea
The day after
- Back to hydration, 64 oz a day
- Reintroduce whole fruits and greens
Two-three days after
- Gradually reintroduce nuts, gluten-free grains and other whole foods
Be gentle, your gut health will be primed and you want to bring back whole foods slowly.
Have more questions? Give our electricious staff a call or visit the store. And to help you prep your cleanse, get a free wrap or salad to kickstart your detox— now through Sunday.